Portable Air Conditioner Installation View Models >>
Portable air conditioners come with installation instructions and kits for installation into windows. Here are a few tips for what a standard installation might entail. Of course, you should follow the installation instructions that come with your portable air conditioner.
This is one of the main advantages of portable air conditioners- they can be installed in many places that other air conditioners cannot. However, the easiest installation is into a standard sliding window. Due to the design of the venting kit, it is equally easy to install one of these units into a standard double-hung window or a side-to-side slider window
Some sample window installations for the Danby portable air conditioners
- Position the portable air conditioner near the window
- Connect the exhaust hose to the rear of the air conditioner
- Connect the other end of the exhaust hose to the window venting kit
- Open your window. Place the window venting kit in the window, adjust its length, if necessary. Close the window on the venting kit
- Plug in the air conditioner and turn it on
That's all there is to a simple window installation!
A sample exhaust hose
A sample window vent kit
More information on portable air conditioners:
Epinions.com: Cool Off (almost) Anywhere by cowboyind