Description & Highlights
EdgeStar Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier - White
The DEP701EW will remove 70 pints of moisture in a 24 hour period. When choosing a dehumidifier, the room size and humidity levels are important to consider. The DEP701EW can cover up to 4,500 square feet but for optimal moisture removal, it is recommended for use in rooms up to 1,500 square feet. Humidity levels should range from damp to very damp to maximize functionality. Ideal locations for the DEP701EW are large living rooms, garages, basements and crawl spaces.
Innovative Top Loading Filter
Innovative top loading filter that eliminates the need to remove the water bucket before changing or cleaning the filter. The filter can be upgraded to antimicrobial silver ion filter.
Automatic Shut Off
Both the dehumidifier and internal fan automatically shut off when desired humidity level is met or when the water bucket is full which saves energy and utility costs.
Convenient portability thanks to the heavy duty caster wheels, easy grip handle, and compact size.
Energy star rated dehumidifier meets strict EPA and U.S. Department of Energy guidelines.
This feature is a reminder to clean the air filter, it will illuminate after 250 hours of operation.
Sets the unit to run continuously until the water bucket is full. When using this feature, you will not be able to use the increase/decrease humidity function.
Sets the fan speed from normal to turbo for desired level of moisture removal.
This feature will initiate the auto start and auto stop feature in conjunction with the increase and decrease buttons.
Turns the unit on/off.
6. + / -
Increases the desired relative humidity setting for damper air. Decreases the desired relative humidity setting for drier air.
How to Empty
The DEP701EW has an easy to remove bucket and convenient carrying handles. The bucket can hold 3.5 liters of water and once full, the unit will turn off until it’s emptied. Simply pull the bucket out and dump the water into a sink or anywhere else the water can drain. There is also the added option of using the built in hose adapter with a gravity drain that will allow the water to continuously flow down and out.
Benefits of Dehumidifiers
Moist, damp air is the ideal environment for mold and mildew. A dehumidifier can remove the moisture in the air and prevent mold from growing.
Improve Air Quality
Dust mites thrive in moist air which can trigger allergy and asthma symptoms. A dehumidifier can eliminate dust mites and improve overall air quality.
Protect Structural Integrity
High humidity can destroy the structural integrity of homes. Over time the moisture in the air makes wood structures prone to warping, cracking or splitting. It can also cause metal items like door hinges, tools, and even vehicles to rust.
Moist air makes the temperature feel warmer than it is. Dehumidifiers can bring much needed relief to those warm summer months by removing the humidity from the air.
- Height: 23 1/8"
- Width: 15 3/8"
- Depth: 10 9/16"
Specifications & Manuals
- Model: DEP701EWEdgeStar Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Brand: EdgeStarQuiet operation
- Dehumidification: Removes 70 pints of moistureOne (1) removable/washable air filter included
- Recommended room size: 1,500 sq. ft.Top loading filter
- Electronic controls w/ precision humidistatDirect drain option
- Adjustable humidity range of 35-80% relative humidityEasy grip handle
- Low temperature operation with minimum temp of 41 degrees F (In Manual Mode)Caster wheels for portability
- Removes moisture in an area up to 4,500 sq. ft.Auto-restart
- Removable 7.5 liter water bucketUL rated
- Auto de-icerEEV of 1.85 L/kWh
- Two (2) fan speedsInput voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Fan and compressor turn off when room reaches desired humidity levelPower: 6.9 A/720 W
- Noise level: 58.5 dBWeight: 40 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year parts; 90 days laborDimensions: 23 1/8" H x 15 3/8 " W x 10 9/16" D