Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
Great product! Only wish the canisters was made out of glass.
June 29, 2012
Great for Entertaining!
1. 3 Flavors at Once. With the three blenders available on this unit, you are sure to please all your guest's with the ability to make three different types of frozen drinks in one blender at the same time. This also alleviates having to rinse between making different drinks in the standard one pitcher blender.
2. Shaved Ice. There are no huge ice chunks with this blender. Shaved ice is actually shot in from the ice shaving compartment above to ensure actual shaved ice. The blending blades in the pitcher are not having to break up large ice cubes like in a standard blender (which inevitably cause a few ice chunks in your frozen drink), instead, the blending blades are used to mix up your ingredients with the ice shavings that are shot into the top of the pitcher from the ice shaving compartment.
3. Easy Controls. This blender has controls for each of the 3 pitchers that are easy to understand. These controls have different settings for the different type of drinks which makes it easy to know what setting to have each blender on. Those controls are Ritas, Daiquiris, Mojitos, smoothies, slides and coladas. Each control also has a switch for blend only and shave only.
4. Automated. Once you have your drink selection for each blender set you press one button and the blender does the rest. The ice shaver shoot automatically comes around to each pitcher and shoots ice end and the blending blades blend automatically according to the setting that has been selecting. I definitely could see this being entertaining at a party and being a new toy to invite people over to show off!
1. Small Pitchers. The pitchers are smaller than most standard blenders which was slightly disappointing. There are three of them though, which definitely helps make up for the fact that they are smaller, however, it was disappointing none the less.
2. Watery Concoctions. If you put in liquid ingredients for more than 3 – 4 small drinks then the pre-set drink setting don't quite put in enough shaved ice to make the drink a frozen concoction. To remedy this, you can switch the shave only switch and drop more shaved ice in until it gets to your liking, but if you were expecting that drink setting to always make it perfect on its own, you could come out disappointed.
3. Made of Plastic. The body of the machine, pitchers and controls are all plastic. If you are expecting glass, metal and real wood, you will be let down, however, making this product with plastic could theoretically be a plus if there is alcohol and clumsy people involved.
September 21, 2009