Description & Highlights
Earthmaker Aerobic Composter
It took some ingenious gardeners in New Zealand to devise the Earthmaker™ Composter (EARTH), an efficient, gravity-fed composting system. Kitchen scraps and garden waste start in the top chamber of this compost system, where beneficial fungi and bacteria handle the initial stages of decomposition. After 3 to 5 weeks, slide out the panel and let the contents move down into the cooler, second chamber. After another 3 to 5 weeks, guide the finished compost into the lower chamber where it matures and can be easily removed for use in your garden.
The revolutionary new extra eco-friendly three chamber bin that takes the hard work out of home composting! Why compost at home? Experts agree that home composting of organic kitchen and garden waste represents the lowest financial and environmental cost method of diverting bio wastes from landfill.
Reduces Greenhouse Gas Emissions:Radiant heat absorbed by the black plastic top, and heat naturally generated by the decomposition process, draws air up through the ventilation holes under the material
Faster Process:Research at Garden Organic, an independent research institute in the UK, found that Earthmaker will make twice as much compost as traditional bins over the same period
Simple Operation:Earthmaker’s patented three-stage process uses traditional three-bin composting but stacked vertically, so gravity does the hard work
- Model: EARTHEarthmaker Aerobic Composter
- Brand: ExacoGenerously sized lid on top swings open
- Made of injection-molded plasticMake finished, nutrient-rich compost in as little as 10 weeks
- Designed to handle all compostable yard, garden and kitchen wasteAerobin lowers GHG emissions
- Three-chamber process cooks compost faster1.5" thick double-wall insulated panels
- Large, 16-1/2 cubic feet capacityDimensions: 31" D x 47-1/2" H
- Height: 47.5"
- Depth: 31"