KIM202WBAGS - Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker with 10 Ice Bags - White
SALE: 25% OFF -$49.69
SALE: Extra 5% Off! -$7.45
Ground / Parcel Shipping
This item is currently unavailable.
Submit your email address to be notified when it is available.
Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker with 10 Ice Bags - White
When you use the Koldfront Ultra Compact Portable Ice Maker with 10 Ice Bags (KIM202WBAGS), you'll never need to use ice trays again! Plug the ice maker into a standard 110V outlet, fill the reservoir with standard tap or bottled water and have ice cubes in less than ten (10) minutes. As a portable ice maker, this lightweight machine can work in your kitchen, bar, office, or anywhere you know you'll need cold ice fast. Since it doesn't require a water line or drain, you can use it anywhere there isn't a standard water supply available - like when you're camping, tailgating, or at a picnic.
Able to produce up to 26 lbs of ice per day, you can select from two (2) different sizes of ice to adhere to you and your family's or guest's preferences. The built-in insulated storage bin can store up to 1.5 lbs of ice at a time, and any ice that melts inside the bin will be drained into the reservoir and filtered back into the ice maker to produce more ice. This saves water by re-using it, which also saves you the time and hassle of having to refill the machine with water every few hours. Perfect for outdoor use and kitchen countertops, this portable ice maker will give you great tasting, cold ice every time.
This ice maker comes with 10 8-lb. plastic ice bags for convenient collection, transport, and storage from the ice maker to your freezer or cooler.
Note: While this machine is well insulated, it is not a freezer
Easy to Use Controls:No instructions required for this machine: one button turns on the Koldfront portable ice maker and the other lets you decide the size of the ice
Quick Ice Production:After adding water, the first batch of ice is ready in about 6-10 minutes
No Permanent Installation Required:The KIM202W will work anywhere there's a standard electrical outlet to plug it in
**CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Click here for important information regarding Prop. 65 for CA residents.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Your ice maker may need to be reset to start working again. There are two resets that are not covered in the manual.
1. While the machine is turned off, and plugged in. Hold the power button for 20 seconds. The power light may start blinking on and off. You can press the power button again. If this does not do anything, then follow the next step.
2. Power down and unplug the unit. Open the lid and manually move the ice case and shovel all the way forward. You will hear a zipping sound coming from the right side of the machine, and you will feel a little bit of resistance. If the ice case and shovel are already in the most forward position, then push it all the way back. Plug the machine to an outlet by itself that is able to supply at least 10 amps and turn it on.
If these two resets do not resolve the issue, then try unplugging the unit for at least 30 minutes to drain the unit from any residual voltages, plug-in and restart.
The ice maker goes through a series of steps when it is operational. Below are things to look for when troubleshooting.
1. Power On - Power light should turn on and you will be able to select the ice size. If you get power, but are not able to change the ice size, you may have an issue with the front controls.
2. Ice Case rotates 2 times and stops in water fill position (in a horizontal position under the metal fingers). If the ice case does not rotate, or does not stop in a full horizontal position, check the right side of its shaft for any cracks. If the ice case does not stop rotating and cycles over and over or stops in the dump position, the issue may be with a microswitch.
3. Water pump and timer are engaged by microswitches.
4. Water sensors detect water, and starts pumping. (if add water light is lit, add a pinch of salt to the water, agitate, and restart)
5. Water stops filling.
6. Compressor kicks on. (You will hear a refrigerator sound)
7. Condenser fan turns on.
8. Cooling fingers get cold and frost over.
9. Ice forms on the cooling fingers.
10. Unit drops the ice. Ice Case rotates to dump position. Shovel moves ice cubes to the ice basket.
Determine where in the process the unit is stopping, and it will help us better diagnose the unit.
How much ice will a portable unit produce?
Portable ice makers will make and hold up to 2 ½ pounds of ice at one time. (For reference – a typical bag of ice from a convenience store is around 7 pounds) Simply open the top of the unit and fill the water reservoir with a gallon of water. Within 15 minutes or so you will see the first cubes of ice produced. It may take 60 to 90 minutes for the full batch of ice to be produced. The unit should make around 30 pounds of ice a day if you continuously empty the ice and refill the water.
What type of ice does it make?
The unit will produce a bullet shaped ice cube with a hole in the middle. The unit will produce three different sized cubes – small, medium and large. The large cube is very close in size to a standard cube from a typical home ice tray. The ice produced is not “clear ice.”
Does the unit require a drain?
No, once the ice is made it will melt over time as the holding basket is not a freezer. The water produced from the melting ice will flow back into the water reservoir so the unit may use it again to make more ice.
Can these portable icemakers produce crushed or flake style ice?
No, they will not. We suggest purchasing one of the electric or manual ice crushers offered on our website. The portable icemaker and ice crusher will provide you with a cost effective way to create crushed ice.
Will a portable ice maker accept a permanent water line?
No, you will need to manually add water to the unit.
Temporarily BackorderedThis item ships Ground or USPS. Delivery times related to these ship methods are usually between 2 and 7 business days once the product leaves the warehouse. We will email you tracking information once the product leaves our warehouse. Ground or USPS deliveries do not require a signature and may be left at the ship to location. All deliveries can occur Monday through Saturday depending on your local delivery carrier. Order must be fully processed by 12pm CST to be eligible for “Guaranteed Same Day Shipping.” Orders processed after that time may ship out the following business day.
Ground or USPS deliveries do not include a guaranteed delivery date. Should you require a specific delivery date or expedited shipping please add the item to the shopping cart and view the shipping options drop down box. If the product is eligible for expedited shipping the shipping options and pricing will be listed. Please contact our customer service department with any questions related to shipping. (800) 297-6076, M-F, 8am to 5pm CST.