Rheem Tankless Water Heater - Indoor, Liquid Propane Model:RTG53PVPOB
Temporarily Backordered (details)
Description & HighlightsBe the first to Write a Review
This model can be linked with another RTG-53PVOB in series with the EZ-Link cable (RTG-20040) for high demand applications as the two units would operate as one with double the water flow. When 3 to 20 units are connected in series a manifold controller, cables and/or control boards are required.
The RTG53PVPOB tankless hot water heater model differs from the RTG53DVP in that it has an internal combusion air setting and does not require a 2nd hose to pull air from the outside.
This model only accepts 3/5" concentric stainless steel venting.Temperature Increase / Gallons Per Minute:
- 90º F rise at 2.6 gpm
- 80º F rise at 3.0 gpm
- 70º F rise at 3.4 gpm
- 60º F rise at 3.9 gpm
- 50º F rise at 4.7 gpm
- 45º F rise / 5.3 gpm
Warning: This water heater is not suitable for use in manufactured (mobile) homes!
Specifications & Manuals
- Model: RTG53PVPOB
- 5.3 gpm at a 45ºF temperature rise (up to 6.8 gpm at 35ºF)
- Electronic ignition increases efficiency (no standing pilot light)
- A remote control thermostat is included with all models with 100ºF
- 140ºF setpoint range (factory set at 120ºF)
- Environmentally friendly Low NOx burner meets SCAQMD rule 1146 requirements
- UMC-117 remote control
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty on parts (10 years on heat exchanger.)
- Rheem RTG-53PVP Tankless Water Heater - Indoor, Liquid Propane
- Guardian OFW(TM) overheat film wrap
- Digital display on thermostat shows temperature setting and maintenance/error codes
- Built-in electric blower to force exhaust gas to the outside
- EZ-Link(TM) cable connects two like units to operate as one, doubling capacity
- Weight: 36 pounds
- Dimensions: 20 1/2"h x 13 3/4"w x 5 1/4"d
- # Of Applications: 1-2 showers concurrently
- Water Connection: 3/4" NPT
- Gas Connection: 3/4" NPT
- Energy Factor: .82
- Temperature Range: 100 - 140 degrees
- Ignition: Electric
- Exhaust Hose Diameter: 3 inches
- BTU: 145,000
- Dimensions: H 20½" x W 13¾" x D 5¼”
- Weight 36 lbs.
- 10 Year Warranty; 3 Year on heat exchanger
- Comes with remote control for thermostat
- Diameter: 3 inch
- Material: Stainless Steel (AL29-4C) sealed
- Minimum length: 1 ft. if used with 90 degree elbow, wall thimble and exhaust vent hood.
- Maximum length: 34.6 ft. (10.5m) with one 90 degree elbow. Less 1.5 ft. for each additional 90 degree elbow (9” for each 45 degree elbow).
Minimum clearances for installation
- Top = 12”
- Vent = 2"
- Front = 12”
- Side = ½”
- Bottom = 12”
- Back = 0”
- Ignition: Electric (120 V)
- Power Liquid Propane: 145,000 BTU
- Energy Factor: .82
***Our Recommended Accessories
- BrassCraft 36" Long Stainless Steel Gas Connector w/ Pro Coating - Every gas water heater requires a gas connector and this model is our recommended top pick. We highly recommend this particular model for saving you time and money! Also available in different lengths if required - simply call us toll free at 888-793-2665.
- Rheem Tankless Water Heater High Altitude Chip - Required if heater will be used above 3200 ft.
- Sioux Chief Gas Tankless Water Heater Connector Set - Required to connect all gas tankless water heaters to the corresponding water and gas lines. Includes pressure relief valve.
- Aqua Pure Hot Water Filter System - Recommended to prevent scale build up in all tankless water heaters.