While it may seem like the cost of washing and drying a load of clothes is next to nothing, the cost can add up quickly…
2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Washer Dryer Combo - White
Description & Highlights
EdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Washer Dryer Combo - White
How does a combination washer dryer work?
Just like a front loading washer, with a combo all your clothes are placed in the front of the unit and you can choose from a wide variety of wash cycles with the control panel. Combos have just as many wash cycles as a standard washer so that you can customize the wash for each load.
The dry cycle in combo units uses what is called cold water condensation drying. Since combo units wash and dry the clothes in one drum, once the wash cycle is complete the unit heats the air inside the drum and when all the air has been heated and saturated it is sent through a condensing chamber. This chamber is kept cool by cold mist that gets released throughout the dry cycle. When the hot, wet air from the drum enters the condensing chamber the cold water cools the air causing the moisture to release. The cooled air in the chamber is then sent over the heating element and back into the drum where it is heated to soak up the moisture and the process is repeated until the clothes are dry. All the water from the condensing chamber is pumped out of the unit through the same hose that is used to drain water during the wash cycle.Learn More Here
Why would you need a combination washer dryer?
With only one unit instead of two, the foot print is much smaller and a combo can be used virtually anywhere. There’s no need for a designated laundry area, you could use the unit by a bathroom or kitchen sink and with a portability kit, roll it away and store it when not in use.
Lack of washer & dryer connections
All that is needed to install a combo is a 115V plug and access to a faucet or sink to use as the water source and drain. Since no laundry hookups or venting is required, the ease of installation makes combos ideal for not only tight spaces, but homes and apartments that lack traditional laundry connections.
Apartments/Condos w/o washer/dryer connections
With a 115V plug and faucet you can be up and running washing clothes without laundry connections.
Avoid the hassle of laundromats by bringing a combo on the road with you.
Able to fit in tight spaces, a combo is a nice added convenience to a boat or yacht.
Residents can wash their clothes in the comfort of their rooms to maintain a sense of independence.
Extra Washer & Dryer
Whether you have an excess of dirty clothes or want a separate place to wash delicates and light loads, a combo can help tackle your laundry pile.
Offer the convenient amenity of a combo in your guest living space.
Extended stay hotels or temporary housing
Insure your guests have all the comforts of home with a combo that requires no permanent installation.
Avoid having to take piles of dirty towels and other laundry offsite to wash by having a combo unit right in the salon.
- Model: CWD1550WEdgeStar 2.0 Cu. Ft. Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
- Brand: EdgeStarFront-mounted control panel & LED display
- 15 lbs. wash capacityCustomizable settings on all cycles
- 7.7 lbs. dry capacityTriple compartment dispenser for detergent, bleach & fabric softener
- Ventless drying technologyAutomatic door lock
- Built-in water heaterEasy access coin trap compartment
- Thirteen (13) wash cyclesAdjustable leveling feet
- Unique textured workspace topStainless steel tub
- Five (5) wash/rinse temperaturesUnder-counter installation capable
- Five (5) spin speedsUses standard household power outlets
- 1120 RPM max spin speedInput Voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Three (3) soil level settingsPower: 12 A
- Self-clean settingWeight: 174 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year parts & labor; in-home serviceDimensions: 33 1/2" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 1/4" D (Depth w/ door open: 41")
- Height: 33 1/2"
- Width: 23 1/2"
- Depth: 22 1/4"
- Depth w/ Door Open: 41"